Saturday, October 8, 2011

Allow me to introduce myself....

Claire has been dominating the air space a little bit but she has honored me with the privilege to blog about myself today. It seems only fair that I get a word in once and a while. Mommy went back to work so I have been enjoying nursery school. It is a big change for me because I am used to people rocking me and cuddling me and taking long leisurely naps in my swing. But at school they put me in a crib to nap. It is very firm and lacks a vibrating button and it doesn't rock. I am sure I will adapt, but for now I am taking brief naps. Mommy is happy though because I am so wiped by the end of the day that I have started sleeping through the night. 7 to 7. Also there are so many toys there that I play a lot more and take in the sights and sounds. There are several other babies in the room with me - some are crawling and some are even walking! But I am the cutest one in there and the teachers tell Mommy all the time how much they love me and could hold me all day....When Mommy comes to get me she carries me into Claire's room full of toddlers. And it is scary in there! The toddlers see me and start chanting "BABY" and recklessly descend on us like hungry Godzillas and Mommy has to hold me tight as they start grabbing at my dangling feet! In addition to embarking on my adventures in school I have also started to sit up by myself in my Bumbo seat. It is like my own little thrown. Claire tries to squeeze her bottom into the bumbo and she is quite large and can barely uncork herself after she has sat in it. I look quite dignified in it and Claire entertains me by performing little shows and making funny faces. It is so nice to FINALLY get her attention. She is very clever and I watch her intently and try to woo her with my smiles. I think we will make a great team someday. She still gets jealous sometimes though and it can be quite irritating. For example if Mommy is feeding me and Claire wants her - which is most of the time - she points to the swing and says "Jack Na-night" or she points to the play mat and says "Jack Down"....as if me eating for ten minutes every few hours is demanding too much. Sigh. For now though I am enjoying my status and my big sister. Don't tell her but I stay up at least an hour later than she does each night and that is when I get my special alone time with Mommy and Daddy. We have long conversations and I tell them lots of stories about my day or I just sit on Daddy's lap and watch baseball or the news. I am very worldly. 

No comments: